Thursday, August 14, 2008

A peek at Montrose...

Welcome to Montrose!



I was recently told, "real trucks aren't bought, they're built." This must be the land of "real" trucks!
...and "real" trailers!

Here's Main St. at rush hour in Montrose.


Montrose people like everything in doubles...
double-wide trailers...
...double-long trailers...
...a double-lane McDonald drive-thru,
and "doubley" tall deer (the deer in the NE and Florida are as big as Coloradan rabbits)!

Some of the most beautiful front yards aren't the ones that are professionally landscaped.
Hm, plastic bags. Interesting way to keep the varments out of your garden.
This is one of my favorite homes in Montrose.



Just taking a stroll. I love it here!
You can't beat a day filled with wild flowers and homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Our state flower, the columbine.

Now that you've seen our travel brochure, we're sure you'll want to visit, so consider this an eternal open invitation! (-;

5 comments:

The Tippets Family said...

Hay Mom,
I,m glad you got
to put new pichers
on the blog.I like
the back
grownd
Love,Katey(;

momluvs4kidz2000 said...

Oh Shauna, it looks beautiful, you sound as smitten with where you are as I was with Maine. :) I'm so glad that you all are loving it and really hope we get out there soon to see you guys. I love all the pictures and your commentary! Give my hugs and kisses to all the kids, and of course my love to all of you--make sure the kids give you hugs from me to you, too.

Taylor Family said...

Hey Guys, it looks gorgeous! We can't wait to visit. Save some of the chocolate chip cookies for us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tippets! You are certainly in the middle of a glorious garden! Montrose looks so pretty and welcoming! How wonderful for you all. Have you found a new house? When can we see pictures of it!
Congrats and send an email to us and especially Sydney and Rachel. Syd's email is sydneyb1101@gmail.com.
Heidi, Chip, Syd andRachel

Christy said...

Hi Shauna,

Wow. Montrose is so pretty! I love the West. I really like the pictures on your blog, especially the one of Levi with the sucker and that one of him with sloppy joe all over his face. I hope you are all doing well. We do miss you here.

:)Christy