I thought I would share a little invention that has done wonders in our house.
Lately the sibling rivalry has gotten a little out of hand. After a lot of prayer and thought I came up with our solution... the Secret Sister Jar.
Each week the girls get to pick one piece of paper out of the jar. The paper will say something like; "Ask Mom to drive you to the grocery store, give you $, and let you go into the store with your sister to buy donuts all by yourselves (while I wait by the front door, of course)," "Make your sister a glass of freshly squeezed juice," "Ask Mom and Dad if you can have a sister-sleepover this weekend..." Get the picture? So far it's worked like a charm. The girls are so excited about it they have been creating their own little surprises on the side.
Each week the girls get to pick one piece of paper out of the jar. The paper will say something like; "Ask Mom to drive you to the grocery store, give you $, and let you go into the store with your sister to buy donuts all by yourselves (while I wait by the front door, of course)," "Make your sister a glass of freshly squeezed juice," "Ask Mom and Dad if you can have a sister-sleepover this weekend..." Get the picture? So far it's worked like a charm. The girls are so excited about it they have been creating their own little surprises on the side.
5 comments:
What a wonderful idea!! By the by, thanks so much for all you did to make the funeral of Grandma Rayback such a wonderful event. We hear your girls sang, beautifully. Keep on being a great Daughter of God.
Elder and Sister Parsons
Great idea! We miss your sweet girls so much.
You are such a fun mom!
That sounds like a lot of fun. Do I get to pick something out of the jar when I come to vist? I sure hope so. :-)
what a cute idea! love it, will have to file it away for when our girls are old enough to make it work!
Post a Comment