Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

I had written this post a week after Christmas. It's taken me 2 1/2 months to post it!

Whew! The presents are unwrapped, I finally finished making all of our stockings (minus mine, Mom made it), the dishes are cleaned, and I'm ready to sit down and review the happenings of this month...

This year Christmas was special for me, because I was able to see how truly blessed I am.
Seeing many of our relatives over the holidays reminded me that I have a wonderful family, both immediate and extended. I am lucky to be a part of the Tippets', Cox's, and Raybacks. I am connected with some truly amazing people.
Here is a (not so quick) review of our Christmas happenings...
After all of our Montrose craziness (the parade, office party, ward party...) we escaped town and drove over the mountain to visit family on the Denver side.
The girls were the angels in our Church Nativity.

Milo and Tenelle graciously offered their home to us for three days. While we were there we had a lot of cousin time AND were able to see Aunt Mechelle who had flown home from NY for the holidays.
Needless to say, the girls and Levi loved every minute of it.

On Saturday we saw a house my dad has restored in Denver, and were all thoroughly impressed with the ideas and quality Dad put into the house. Later, he took the kiddos Christmas shopping and then treated us to a lunch at Blue Parrot Spegetti. After lunch we drove to Broomfield for my cousin Tyler's graduation party. I was able to see several of my cousins, my grandparents, and most of my aunts and uncles on the Cox side.
Levi jammed with cousin Karin!


One of my personal highlights of our trip was going to church with the Tippets family. Elvis, Anne, Mechelle, all of our immediate family, and all of the Cadayongs were there. Milo, Camille, and Justine performed in the Christmas program. As Camille played her violin all I could do was try not to cry because of how overwhelmingly grateful I felt to be with my family and to be a part of my family. They are the best!
Derren and I had a fun night visiting with Matt Thomas and his family while seeing the light display in the Denver Zoo. The conversation, lights, and hot chocolate were refreshing.
The following night, our family shared a wonderful Christmas meal, decorated cookies, and performed the Tippets' family Christmas program (created by Aunt Mechelle.) Once our kids were in bed, Derren and I spent the late hours of the night laughing about things we had done when we were younger with the Cadayongs. Another great night.



As much as we hated to leave, we packed up and left the following morning. On our way home -as we were passing Golden - our alternator went out. As luck would have it, we pulled off the nearest exit and stalled in the intersection next to the Ford dealership. Next, a police officer showed up within a matter of minutes and pushed us across the road to the dealership where we were able to have the car fixed. We plopped the kids on the couch in the waiting area where they watched cartoons until Elvis came to pick us up to take us to lunch. Can you imagine a luckier break-down? I can't.
At home, we saw Santa Claus, watched our harp teacher perform, delivered a few gifts, shared our friends' Christmas Eve dinner, and enjoyed more family time. As I said ealier, this was a Christmas filled with reminders of how blessed we truly are.
Alyssa made all these hair clips for Josy's Christmas present. She loved them! Wouldn't you?
Levi was determined he would give us a white Christmas. With, or without snow! He poured baby powder all over his room Christmas morning and then banged his head on his mattress to watch the powder fly! You've got to love how a kids brain works.

This picture is a random bath picture of Levi. I just thought it was too cute to keep out.

Merry Christmas to everyone!


No comments: