Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Fun!!


I thought some of you would like to see the girls' cute dance recital costumes. Katey was a country clogger, Alyssa was a spring flower, and Josy was a summer flower.
Levi is our little biker?

Derren decided it would be fun to have a craw-fish fry using the craw-fish in our pond. So, he contrived a trap, and actually caught some!

The smell of the cooking craw-fish attracted a skunk - whom I found in our garage and later out our back window - trying to get to our craw-fish. Luckily he/she wasn't scared enough to spray. I naively thought our visitors had ceased coming when Derren found a snake in the garage! YUCK!!!!!

Today I decided it was time to work on the landscaping around out house. Since it had been left empty for a year the weeds had become pretty wild. Speaking of wild, wild rose bushes are some of the most vicious plants I have ever encountered! Their thorns kill!!!!



Later on, we played in our pond.

3 comments:

Alison said...

How FUN that you have a pond! Your property looks great! How big is it? (Looks HUGE!)

The kids are all adorably cute. Loved the kids dance costumes.

The Tippets Family said...

We have 11 acres. It is fun, but a lot of work!

Taylor Family said...

The dance costumes are great. Did you make them all? I love Levi's nude shots. Is this your potty training attmept? It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun working on the farm. We can't wait to visit sometime. I don't think I'll walk in the pond though. I can just picture how leaches and gross things that you can't see live in there. I can almost feel the mud gooping up between my toes. Yuck! I am too much of a wimp. I am glad the kids enjoy it though.